Last updated: December, 2022.
1. These terms and conditions apply to any work done for the Client by me (Celina Mina) or one of my associate editors with whom I collaborate on specific services.
2. I will provide editing, writing and coaching services as mutually agreed and confirmed in writing by the Client.
3. The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by me, using my own equipment.
4. The work will be carried out by me. I will not subcontract the editing project, or parts of the project, to third parties unless it is part of a specific service. You will be made aware of this prior to the commencement of the work, and it will be outlined within our agreement.
5. I confirm that I am self-employed, responsible for my own income tax, and will not claim benefits granted to the Client’s employees.
6. I am VAT-registered. Prices listed exclude VAT. Your quote will provide a breakdown of all costs including VAT if applicable.
7. The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of work required and the brief, both supplied by the Client. Upon delivery, it is the Client's responsibility to check and approve the work. Confirmation of receiving the delivery and finalising the payment is proof of the Client's approval. In this respect, the Client agrees to hold me harmless from and against all claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of any perceived or actual errors.
8. Prior to commencement of the work, the Client and I will agree, in writing (including email), the terms of the project:
The medium on which the service will be carried out (e.g., in MS Word, on PDF or paper).
How the material will be annotated (e.g., Track Changes in Word or PDF mark-ups or Comment Boxes).
The length of time to complete the project.
A fee for the project, following my evaluation of the material to be edited or created, and the time frame required to complete the job.
The date by which the material will be delivered by the Client to me.
The latest date by which the completed project will be returned to the Client.
9. If, however, on receipt of an item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/ brief, I may renegotiate the fee/and or the deadline, or decline to carry out the work.
10. Similarly, if during the term of my work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, I may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
11. The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client and its contractors without prior written permission
12. If my work requires amending, then I will rectify it in my own time and at my own expense.
13. I may use the Client’s name and logo/book cover (if applicable) on my website and in promotional material.
14. The Client will pay me an agreed fee for the job, as agreed in writing. A down payment is required to secure the booking. The remaining payments are outlined in the agreement.
15. Unless otherwise agreed, I will supply the Client with an invoice immediately upon completion of the editing project.
16. All content delivered to me by the Client for the project is owned by the Client.
17. In this respect, the Client agrees to hold me harmless from and against all claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of any potential or actual copyright or trademark misappropriation or infringement against them.
18. Following payment of my invoice, any content created by me as part of my editing or writing process will become the copyright of the Client unless otherwise agreed.
19. Either the Client or I have the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
20. The Client is free to cancel a service for any reason by providing me with written notice (including email); I must acknowledge this cancellation in writing (including email) for this to be valid.
21. If I am subject to extraordinary circumstances that cause cancellation (e.g., family crisis, illness, bereavement), I will contact the Client in writing (including email) at the earliest opportunity and do my best to renegotiate the time frame of the project or find an alternative supplier of copyediting services.
23. This agreement is subject to the laws of Denmark, and both I and Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Danish courts.